R3 has been committed to diversity and inclusion since long before we opened our doors in March 2010. Our firm views diversity and inclusion as a cornerstone to the firm’s identity and success. In fact, 8 of our 13 attorneys are minorities and/or women.
We know that our clients and their customers, vendors, and counter-parties are diverse. Diversity strengthens all of us, and that is why R3 is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We strive toward maintaining and increasing the diversity of our attorneys and practicing the principle of inclusion. We do so because it is the right thing. We do so because it is the smart thing.
As an active member of the Minority Corporate Counsel Association’s Firm Affiliate Network, the firm also encourages and supports membership and involvement in national and local bar associations, including minority and women’s bars, and community organizations and activities. Over the years, R3 attorneys have held numerous leadership positions in seeking to influence and promote diversity throughout the profession. For instance, R3 attorneys have held various positions with the following organizations:
- American Bar Association Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Profession
- American Bar Association Commission on Youth at Risk
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Amnesty International
- Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Chicago Area
- The Chicago Committee, formerly known as the Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Illinois State Bar Association Diversity Leadership Council
- Illinois State Bar Association Standing Committee on Women and the Law
- Indian-American Bar Association of Chicago
- Law Minority Access Program
- Minority Law Student Job Fair Committee
At R3, we are also committed to being a responsible employer. We understand that the best attorneys have lives and interests outside of the office, too. Therefore, in order to retain top talent, we are open to structuring flexible employment arrangements, telecommuting options and have generous policies for taking vacation.